1. So You Think You Can Dance Tour. My mom and I bought tickets at the last minute so our seats weren’t awesome (we were literally in the last row, alllllll the way at the top) but it was still a special night, as I’ve been watching this show since the beginning but have never been to a tour. I’m definitely going again!
2. A Christmas bonus. I used this to buy the rest of my Christmas presents, pay off a credit card, pay another one off halfway, and keep chucking away at those medical bills. It lifted a few burdens off my shoulders!
3. Time off work. Thankfully, my company gives us Christmas Eve/Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve/New Year’s Day off and also gives us a “shopping day off” to use. I also had one day of PTO I could use so I had lots of time off work in December which was really nice. I didn’t do anything majorly exciting, but it was fun to sleep in, lounge around the house and get some writing done.
4. Buying Christmas presents. I was so excited to see what my mom thought of her presents (which included a racing medal rack, some of her favorite bubble baths, and a Kindle Fire) and it’s just plain fun to buy for other people. My nephew was so excited this year opening presents and it was fun to share in his enthusiasm.
5. Holiday Week 2012. I had another fantastic week of holiday posts in December. It’s fun to get into the holiday spirit and write about it.
6. My mom’s brand-new car. After finding out her old 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer would require over $2,500 in repairs to run again, my mom decided it made more sense to buy a new car than to keep shoveling money into that car. On the recommendation of a friend, she went to a Ford dealership where she bought a 2013 Ford Focus! It is an intense upgrade from the Lancer and something she totally deserves. It’s beautiful.
7. Movie dates. My mom and I went on two movie dates this month. We saw Playing For Keeps (blah) and The Silver Lining’s Playbook which was really, really good. I am a Jennifer Lawrence fan.
8. Finishing The Holiday Council. After The Holiday Council ended in early December, I spent the next few weeks going through the challenges and worksheets by myself to make sure I was taking in everything I needed to. I wanted to make sure I spent enough time on the work and even ended up creating a vision board and declaring a theme that means a lot to me. It was a great way to end the year and put plans into motion to make 2013 my best year yet!
9. Christmas! Well, of course Christmas itself has to make it on the list! It was a low-key holiday but I enjoyed (almost) every bit of it. I was thoroughly pleased with my presents, loved having my brother and his family over, and finished off the night by eating McDonald’s (don’t ask) and playing Scattergories. A win all around!
10. My new Christmas presents. I was spoiled this Christmas! Some of my favorites include: my new nightstand, my Ninja chopper, my first-ever pair of TOM’s (you guys! I am in love!), an Amazon gift card, an Otterbox case for my iPhone (that I’ve already dropped twice outside), and the game Scattergories from my brother. It was a successful year for sure!
What was your favorite moment from December?