I’m stealing an idea from Kayla Aimee’s blog (which you should totally check out, because she’s awesome). I’ve been a little ‘eh’ about Seven Quick Takes Friday so I thought I’d switch up my Friday posting a little.
1) I didn’t mention this anywhere, not even on Twitter, but I totally failed on my soda fast. I lasted until 8pm on Friday night, which takes me to about 46 hours without soda. Around 7ish, I got a headache and felt a little weak and dizzy. And, gosh darnit, I was at Carrabba’s and having dinner – I wanted a Coke! So I had one, and I enjoyed it. Immensely. Since then, I’ve had about a Coke a day. I do want to drink less of it but I’m not sure if I totally want to cut it out of my life. I love it! Why should I totally give up something I love? I want to get to the point where I only drink it on Sundays (my “cheat” day) and when I’m eating out. Right now, I’m implementing “No Coke Days,” which is pretty self-explanatory.
2) I bought a webcam a few weeks ago to join the 21st century and start Skype-ing. The webcam is totally set up and ready to go. But I haven’t Skyped yet. And I need to. Who wants to break my Skype virginity?
3) I gained 2 pounds in the past two weeks.
4) I have squeezed my dog’s ears way too much in the past week. Please tell me I’m not the only one who does this.
5) I’ve never liked Siobhan on American Idol. While she does have a powerful voice, when she’s just singing regularly, it grates on my ears. And I’ve never felt any good connection with her. On the other hand, Lee Dewyze might just be my future husband.