1. I had an unexpected day off today, which gives me an unexpected three-day weekend! I’m so excited to spend today being as lazy as possible, while also fitting in two hours at the gym and lots of laundry. Oh, well. You can’t have it all.
2. Fridays had been set aside for the past few weeks for the 30-Day Challenge, which is now officially kaput. I haven’t been feeling it in the past few weeks and wanted to move on. Maybe another time.
3. I’m on Google+ and I must say, I still don’t see what’s so great about it. I mean, I get it. It’s like Facebook for Twitter. You don’t have to have annoying people clogging your feed and filter people out and all that jazz. But it just feels like another time-waster to suck me in. I can barely keep up with e-mails and reading blogs as it is…now you want to add another social media venture in there?
4. About a month ago, the power cord my laptop came with crapped out. This happened with my last Toshiba computer and I had bought another power cord way back when for that. No biggie. I just found the other power cord, plugged it in, and was good to go. But now the power cord is not charging my battery at all when it’s plugged in. If the plug isn’t in, my computer turns off. If it is, my computer is on. I just need a new computer. And a money tree.
5. Last week, after I finished cutting up fruit at work, I was cleaning one of the big knives and accidently sliced my thumb. It was a small, tiny cut and didn’t bleed too badly so I just bandaged it up and moved on. The spot was tender for a day or two but nothing major. Yesterday, I had to cut up fruit again. I told myself to be careful while cleaning the knife. So what happened? You guessed it: I cut myself again. A little to the left of the other cut and a little longer. We can label this under: Things That Only Happen to Me.