1. The US Olympic Trials for gymnastics started yesterday. I haven’t really been following any of the other Trials because holy moly, there are a lot. I actually started looking at all the different swimming and track & field options and started freaking out. (Yes, I take the Olympics very seriously.) So I decided I’m just going to watch the gymnastics portion of the Olympic Trials. That’s all I can handle right now. (And can we please talk about the size of Jake Dalton’s biceps? PLEASE? He looks like Popeye. Heyyyyy there.)
2. I have a haircut scheduled for tomorrow. I’m still debating whether I want to chop it into a shorter style (closer to chin-length) or start growing it out again. I found this hairstyle on Pinterest which I love… but I’m not sure I could make it look like that every day. Oh, decisions.
3. Coming home from the cruise was quite the experience! The Sunshine Skyway Bridge was shut down due to the high winds, which is the bridge the cruise ship goes under to get back to Tampa. So the ship had to drop anchor in the middle of the ocean around 4:00AM and wait it out. We ended up not getting back to Tampa until 10:00AM (when we should have been back at 6:30) and I was four hours late for work. It was a crazy day, for sure! But I’m also so happy that Carnival took so many precautions for our safety.
4. I’ve been looking more and more into taking a long weekend in NYC for my birthday. I went as far as signing up for flight alerts on Kayak. I’ve been perusing hotel prices, looking into what I’d want to do, and trying to piece it all together. It’s just so much fun to plan and envision what you want out of dream destinations! (And yes, NYC is a dream destination for me. I am not well-traveled at all, if you didn’t know.) The sad thing is that I’ll probably spend just as much (if not more) for 3 days in NYC as I did on my 6-day cruise. That, my friends, is why I love cruising oh so much.
5. I’ve been having a lot of regrets lately. I’m not stranger to them, but the feeling that I may have screwed up something really good for my life because I let my fears get the best of me is not a fun emotion at all. (And how’s THAT for ending my Friday post on a bummer note?)