I haven’t done one of these since March! I was planning on writing a nice post for my brother, since his birthday is tomorrow, but my mom and I got our keys to our new apartment yesterday and spent a few hours last night moving things so there wasn’t time. (And oh my goodness, our new apartment is amazing! We have insane views, a spacious kitchen, and it already feels like home. I can’t wait to show it all to you guys!) For today, I’m fillin’ in the blanks!
1. Right now, the weather where I live is gorgeous in the morning, but hot as hell once it hits 10:00. The nice morning weather (70’s with a hint of a breeze) has been great so I’m not complaining. I’m getting more and more excited for cooler weather to be on its way but let’s face it: I live in Florida. That probably won’t happen until late November.
2. The best piece of advice I’ve been given is “You are not perfect at everything, but you are brilliant at being you.” This quote was from one of my Fierce Love videos by Molly Maher of Stratejoy and it was one of those lines that made me stop the video, write it down, and mull over it. I watched that video about a month ago and that phrase still rolls over in my brain, during this journey of self-discovery and self-acceptance. I think it’s so easy for us to get down on ourselves when we start comparing the way we do things and the struggles we have with the way others are doing/triumphing/struggling. I am not going to be perfect at everything I do and I’m going to struggle a lot on things others can do easily… but the fact of the matter remains: I am brilliant at being me. I don’t need to change who I am to fit this mold I think I ought to be. I just need to be more accepting of my faults and more passionate about my strengths.
3. My most favorite person in all the world is my mom. DUH. I’m so blessed to have her not only as an amazing mother, but also as my best friend.
4. If I were to have a “mission statement” for my life, it would be “Stop questioning myself. Live life on my own terms. Be more badass.” After a situation with a boy ended badly, I came up with this new plan for my life. He said a lot of hurtful things that made me question who I was and what I was doing and I let him run right over me. Those three sentences? They are just the beginning of my personal manifesto.
5. My most favorite item in my closet is my pair of zip-up boots. I can only wear them two months out of the year but they make me feel so confident and sexy. Also, an adorable little flirty skirt my mom bought from Target that I stole from her after one day wearing it.
6. The best cure for a bad day is a bubble bath and time spent curled up on the couch with a smutty book. That always helps me take my mind off the bad day and onto something totally different. And talking it out with my mom helps if I feel like talking, which sometimes I don’t.
7. Today is a busy day! I have an x-ray appointment at 8:20, then have to rush to work where my to-do list is out of control, and then I’ll spend the night packing and going over to the new apartment and unpacking and getting more settled in!
Happy weekend, friends! What would your “mission statement” be for your life?