1. It’s that time of the year! Time to plan my 2013 cruise. I was thinking about forgoing a cruise next year (based on some comments I received after my second cruise) but when I sat down and thought about it, I realized this was my life and my vacation! If I love to cruise, I should go on cruises! I’m only 24, I have plenty of time to travel the world and see different sights. I have an intense love for cruising and nothing gets me more excited than planning for and anticipating boarding another ship. I feel at home on ships. It is where I feel the most alive. So I spent this week researching May 2013 cruises and deciding, along with my mom, exactly what tropical destinations we want to visit. We settled on a few (our favorites being Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, and Aruba) and it’s just been so exhilirating to begin the planning process and imagine what our fourth cruise will look like. Time to start saving!
2. Dutch did better with his separation anxiety this week. We bought him a toy, but he’s not very interested in it. (Possibly because we filled it with kibble and not a treat?) He was quiet on Wednesday and Thursday when we came home so I’m not sure what helped! He’s getting more exercise, but hopefully he’s just getting used to the new place. I also spoke to my downstairs neighbor on Saturday about it and she’s not upset, just concerned for Dutch. So that’s good! We’re trying not to announce when we leave and try not to make a huge deal when we come home and find him crying. So we’ll see how he does next week. Stay tuned!
3. I’m starting Gone Girl this weekend, for our October #twookclub chat. Our numbers at the chats have been low lately, so I’m hoping to see a bunch of faces at October’s chat! Gone Girl is a super popular book right now so I’m hoping that will help and I think it’ll make for a GREAT discussion. Also, voting for our November book closes on Sunday so get your vote in if you haven’t yet.
4. Thank you ALL for your advice on my last post. It was one of those posts that was so cathartic for me to write and I appreciate all the advice given, as I’m going into this new journey with blinders on. I have no idea what to expect and I’m a bit terrified of talking to someone I don’t know and laying out my problems. I don’t do that. But in order to grow and figure out how to stop the cyclical behavior, I have to start speaking up and being open. Here’s to a new journey!
5. Friday couldn’t get here soon enough! I have a fun weekend ahead of me: a 3K Pet Walk with Dutch in downtown St. Pete (still trying to decide if I want to dress him up. And no, he will not be a hot dog. Or a taco.), doing some shopping (yay for bonuses!), and carving a pumpkin. It may not feel like fall at all outside (oh, 80 degree temps, how I am starting to loathe you!) but I’m doing all I can to embrace this season. Happy weekend!