1) I joined a new dating website. Sorta. It’s called HowAboutWe.com. Has anyone heard of it? It’s touted as the “offline dating site” where people submit date ideas and if the date and/or person seems interesting to you, you tell them you are “intrigued.” I don’t know what happens from there because it’s not a free website – you have to pay to message with people and set up dates. (Anywhere from $12 to try it for a month or $60 to try it for a year.) But I really love the concept. I’ve been feeling a bit disenchanted by OK Cupid lately. I feel like I waste so much time and effort getting to know these guys – spending weeks and weeks messaging and texting, only to go on a date and not feel anything. I’d rather get that date over first and be able to move on! (Does anyone feel me on this?) I may pay the $12 fee to use it for one month, just to see what it’s all about and put myself out there.
2) Who else got an email from Amazon about getting a Kindle credit, due to their antitrust settlement? I was pretty excited to see I got a $18.50 credit to my account! I guess that year I spent over $650 on Kindle books wasn’t for naught! (Yes, that happened. No, I’m not proud of it.)
3) On Saturday, Dutch had his yearly teeth cleaning and his biyearly comprehensive exam. He had no issues with his teeth cleaning (still has all his teefers!) and all his blood work came back fine. He is developing cataracts, which is something my mom and I have already noticed. (My nephew says he has “bad guy eyes!”) He seems to get around just fine, but there are times when he’s looking for me and can’t find me and get scared, which is really sad and heartbreaking. But he runs up and down our stairs like they ain’t no thing. And for a 12-year-old pup, to come back with clean blood work results? I couldn’t ask for anything more.
4) I’m joining a DietBet for April! My friend Amber is hosting one that starts April 7th and ends May 4th (the Friday before I leave on my cruise! Hello, perfect timing!). I’ve never done a DietBet before, but have always wanted to so I’m excited to begin. In this DietBet, we have to lose 4% of our starting weight in 4 weeks, which amounts to around 7 lbs for me. Totally doable! If you’d like to join, there’s plenty of time! Go here and sign up.
5) Happy, happy, happy Friday! This week has been long, a bit stressful, but I am ending it on a high note and that’s all I can ask for. My weekend plans involve knocking off some pesky to-do’s (like washing and vacuuming my car and dropping off a bag of clothes at Goodwill), and I’m hoping to fit in a shopping trip (I’m on the hunt for a shoe organizer, as well as some dress pants for work and a swimsuit cover-up!).
Happy weekend! Any fun weekend plans for you?