1) On Saturday night, my brother and older nephew came over for game night. We let my nephew pick the games he wanted to play, so we started with Sorry Sliders, which is a really silly game, but my nephew loves it because you get to slide and crash the pawns. After two rounds, he was finished and selected Chutes & Ladders next, but got rather annoyed when my brother ended up winning. Gradually, we convinced him to play Monopoly with us, and he handled that game pretty well! But halfway through, he got bored and started spending the time when it wasn’t his turn coloring at our coffee table. Oh, well! That’s a lot of games for a six-year-old! I’m hoping there are more game nights in our future, though, because it was so much fun!
2) I’m trying to get back into the dating world, and I’m trying to do so in a completely different way than I did before. What I’ve started to realize is that I’m not interested in settling down. While I would like to find that forever guy, I also don’t feel that pressure for marriage or commitment. I just want to have fun! Date around, meet new people, gain experience. I want to take dating a lot less seriously than I have in the past, and just have fun with it. When it comes to relationships, I can be a very intense person, overanalyzing and overthinking every aspect of it, and I want to be less intense. We’ll see how this works.
3) My mom and I are 22 sleeps away from our cruise! We are getting so excited for it. We’ve booked two excursions so far, and we’ll be booking the third one very soon. We’re really going all out for this one, something we haven’t done since our cruise in 2012. I just need these next three weeks to pass by as quickly as possible.
4) Recent podcast episodes I’ve enjoyed: Book Riot’s celebratory 100th episode, Stuff You Should Know about blood types and the history behind them, The Lively Show interviewing Hal Elrod (this one made me teary at certain parts!), and Stuff Mom Never Told You on the OCD phenomenon. (And yes, I am super behind on my podcast feed.)
5) Happy weekend! I have such a fun weekend planned. Today, I have a hair appointment (just freshening up the color!) and later on, I’m taking Dutch on a long walk. Tomorrow, I am spending the day in Orlando with Emilie (our first time meeting – I can’t wait to hug her!) And then on Sunday, it’s Brunch Book Club at the Pool! We’ll have mimosas, eat some delicious brunch food, hang out in the pool, and chit chat the morning/afternoon away! Yay!
How was your week? What do you have planned for this weekend?