1) This weekend is moving weekend for my mom and stepdad! They are moving into a new, one-bedroom apartment that’s not very far away from where they’re living now. (Only now my mom will be within walking distance of her favorite running path, which is pretty cool.) I’m having some feels about the change because I realized this would be the first place she’s lived without me, and that feels weird. Our lives have been so closely connected, so intertwined, that it’s strange for us to be living somewhat separate lives now. The good news is, her new place is still only about 20 minutes away from me, so I’ll still get to see her as much as I want/need.
2) Today is Day 6 of NaNoWriMo and I am sitting pretty at 8,345 words. Whee! I actually failed to meet my writing goal on Monday (I only wrote 450 words), so I’ve spent the past three days trying to catch myself up. I think I forgot how time-consuming this crazy project is. Writing 1,700 words a day is no joke and typically takes me 1-2 hours to complete. It means I’m spending the majority of my evenings camped out in my room, typing away furiously. This is after a full day of work, where I write for a living. Oy vey. But I am truly enjoying the process, having a ton of fun with my story, and I’m committed to finishing.
3) Next week, I’m going to document my life in a set of daily blog posts called “Week in the Life.” I did this last year around the same time, and I really enjoyed the process, so I’m doing it again this year. Sure, my life isn’t very exciting and not everyone will want to read these posts, but I like writing them and looking back on what I was doing during some random week in the year. I’ll be publishing the first post, detailing what I did on Monday, on Tuesday, so be on the lookout for that!
4) It’s been so hot in Florida, and I’m over it. I don’t necessarily want cold weather, but maybe some lows in the 60s? I know, I know. This sounds silly, but folks, we’re still seeing 90-degree days here. It’s quite ridiculous. I’m praying for a cold front!
5) Weekend plans? Not too much! I’m helping my mom and stepdad move into their new place, need to do some deep cleaning at my apartment, and I have a goal of writing 6,000 words of my novel. Hopefully, it’s a relaxing weekend!
What’s the weather like where you are? Any fun weekend plans?