February has been a pretty lackluster month. It’s been filled with training runs, homework, work, and classes. It’s also been a pretty beautiful month, weather wise. We had a brief cold spell where the temps dropped into the 50s. (I KNOW! And we complained. We are winter wimps.) Other than that, it’s been hitting the upper 70s most days with a slight breeze – perfect weather.
Looking back, February has had it’s share of ups and downs…
- The Green Bay Packers won the Superbowl. I was really rooting for the Packers to win, mainly because I think Aaron Rodgers is adorable but also because the Steelers have won enough and it’s time for some fresh faces! It was a great game with an awesome outcome. (But it’s not looking good for a 2011 NFL season. I’m getting worried.)
- My mom and I booked our cruise! I’m over-the-moon thrilled about our upcoming cruise in late May and cannot wait to travel a little! I’ve never been out of the Eastern timezone so I think it’s going to be a memorable five days, to say the least.
- I developed shingles. AKA adult chicken pox. It’s no fun, but definitely not as painful as people are telling me. I’m uncomfortable, but my pain is minimal. I think the most annoying part of it is the pills I have to take five times a day. Yuck.
- I’m down 7 pounds. It wasn’t a stellar month for weight loss, but I did stick to the plan every week. I’m not positive much weight loss will occur until I’m recovered from my shingles, but I just want to stick to the plan as best I can and track, track, track! I’m losing it slowly, but I’m losing it nonetheless.
- I decided to take a big step back from blogging. No more five posts a week for me! I really need to focus on school, getting well, and learning how to de-stress better. I know blogging can get stressful for me when I try to stick to a rigid schedule so it’s back to posting when I can for me.