Happy Friday, friends! I woke up on Thursday thinking it was Friday, so I don’t think I need to say how very, very thankful I am for today. How about a little “Five For Friday” to ease us into the weekend, eh?
1) I’m still not over Sunday night. On the one hand, I’m glad Seattle won so we won’t have a divided house for the Super Bowl, but on the other, I am just devastated about the Niners losing. And losing they way they did! Sigh. It was a hard, hard ending to a well-fought battle. In any event, we are all rooting for the Broncos! Peyton needs another ring!
2) My laptop is currently infected with malware/adware/spyware. All of the above. I don’t have any sort of virus protection, but I can still use the computer, it just runs a little slower and I get these random pop-ups from time to time. I’ve tried running software to find it and get rid of it, but it can’t identify it. I think my only real option is wiping my hard drive clean and starting fresh, and that doesn’t really appeal to me. I may end up doing it as a last resort, but I honestly just want to go out and get a new computer. This one is on it’s last leg as it is (the battery is basically toast and only works when plugged in) and I’m ready for something new. I mean, I still have all my debt goals to take care of, but I am hoping my tax refund can help me with buying a new laptop. (I’m talking a cheapo $300 laptop. No MacBooks for me!) We’ll see!
3) One thing I failed to mention on my post from Monday is that I’ve teamed up with Allison to be accountability buddies for this year. We both want to lose weight and we both have been trying and failing for so many years that we totally get each other. Every Sunday, we email one another and talk about how our week has gone. The good, the bad, the successes, the failures. We also weigh-in with one another to give even further accountability. I’ll tell you, there have been times when I’ve wanted to get something super unhealthy for lunch or dinner, but then realize I have to check in with Allison, so I don’t. It’s great motivation! But what’s even better is that we’ve raised the stakes and made it a competition. At the end of every month, the person with the highest percentage of weight loss (I sound like Allison from The Biggest Loser right now, don’t I?) gets a $10 gift card to the store of their choice. How’s that for some motivation?! I am really happy Allison and I are in this together, makes this whole weight loss journey seem a lot less lonely and a lot more fun.
4) I am having the hardest time drinking 50 ounces of water a day. I don’t know if I just don’t get thirsty as much as other people but it’s all I drink throughout the day, and I’m still only hitting 30-40 ounces a day. It usually takes me a full work day to drink 24 ounces (and sometimes, I drink even less) and then I’ll only drink a few more ounces (maybe around 10?) with dinner. I’m not drinking anything else, really. (Though I do drink Gatorade during workouts, because I just can’t stomach water at 5 in the morning.) Is it possible to not need as much water as other people? I don’t feel like forcing myself to drink when I’m not thirsty, or guzzling down 10 ounces right before bed to get in my daily count, but what else can I do? HALP?!
5) My weekend plans are pretty light, which I’m thrilled about. I plan on getting in some really great workouts, organizing around my apartment, seeing family, writing (both blog and fiction!), and going on a date. It should be a wonderful weekend!
How much water do you drink daily? Who are you rooting for in the Super Bowl? Any fun weekend plans?