1) The maintenance light is on in my car. Like a proper adult, I’ve been ignoring it, hoping it will magically go away, but it hasn’t and I’m going to have to take it in to be looked at. I thought it started blinking because I needed an oil change, but I got the oil changed and it was still blinking. So, it must be something else and I am scaaaared to find out what it is. I really hope it’s something fixable and covered under my warranty. Oh, please, oh, please.
2) I think I need to invest in an old-fashioned alarm clock. Right now, I use my phone but then I find myself scrolling through Instagram or Twitter or Facebook or Pinterest and before I know it, 15 minutes has gone by and the whole reason I was on my phone in the first place was to set my alarm! Sigh. I need an intervention. The truth is, I’m not even all that addicted to my phone. I don’t check it that much, and I usually leave it in my room or in my purse when I’m home. But in those last minutes before I need to be asleep, it’s suddenly oh! I haven’t checked Instagram today! or oh man! What is everyone saying on Twitter right now? or ooh! I remember seeing a notification on Facebook I haven’t checked. I don’t want to remove all social media apps from my phone, so I think the next best thing is to simply use an alarm clock and leave my phone in the living room or bathroom overnight.
3) This upcoming Sunday is the last one without football! My brother and I have been counting down for months, and I am so ready and excited for the 2014 season to start. Sundays without football are very sad Sundays indeed.
4) I was sore for three straight days after the workout I did on Monday. It’s been a long, long time since I have felt so sore – one of those hurt so good feelings! In the workout, you’re supposed to perform 10 sets of the 10 moves, and I only had time for two sets. And I’m not sure if I could have made it through another set, even if I did have the time! It was so hard. I’m going to work my way up to those 10 rounds, though – count on it!
5) I keep forgetting that this weekend is a three-day weekend! I honestly have no plans for Labor Day, other than sleeping, relaxing, and reading a good book. It’s going to be a super low-key, plan-less weekend and I couldn’t be happier!
Do you use an alarm clock or the one on your phone? What are your plans for the long weekend?