1) On a whim, I checked my credit score on Credit Karma the other day. I didn’t think it had changed much because I haven’t paid off any loans since the last time I checked, but surprisingly it did! It’s still a crappy number, but in the past seven months, it’s gone up 32 points and I’m really happy about that! My goal is to have it improve by 50 points this year, so as long as I keep my credit card balances low (or at zero!) and pay off a school loan, I should be able to do that.
2) We are 18 days into the month and I have currently worked out 14 times. So I am a bit behind on my goal to work out 31 times in 31 days, but not by too much. I’m planning on two workouts today, tomorrow, and Sunday, so then I’ll be caught up by Monday! I am actually proud of myself for continuing to stick with this goal and getting in my workouts, even when I fall behind. I knew it would be difficult for me to work out every single day (and I think 1-2 rest days a week is good for my body), so as long as I can tack on a few two-a-days a few times a week, this is a very doable goal for me. I am already planning on extending it into August, and perhaps further than that!
3) I really need to invest in a new pair of running shoes. My current shoes are not cutting it anymore. I’ve had them for over a year and they’re just worn out. I have high arches and I underpronate, so I need shoes that offer cushioning and support. Just yesterday, I went for a simple 45 minute walk and I received blisters on two of my toes and I could feel my feet were rubbing against my shoes in an uncomfortable way. I’ve been putting off buying new shoes because UGH EXPENSE, but it’s a really important expense!
4) So, due to unforeseen circumstances, my brother and I won’t be able to take a road trip to Miami in the fall to see a Dolphins gamel. I was really bummed about it, but then my mom suggested we go instead. So, we’re planning on taking a long weekend in mid-October. We’ll drive down on a Friday, spend Saturday at the beach, spend Sunday at the game, and drive back on Monday. I think it’ll be a fun weekend! Any rec’s for where to eat or what else to do? I’ve never been to Miami!
5) Weekend plans – tonight, I have a writing date at Starbucks with my girl Mikaela. Tomorrow is up in the air, but I’ve been pondering a day at the dog beach. Maybe! And on Sunday, my book club gals are coming over to have “Book Club Brunch at the Pool!” My friends have requested I bring my “parfait bar,” which I am only so happy to oblige. The rest of Sunday will involve nap taking, grocery shopping, and chore doing. Happy, happy weekend!
Happy Friday! What are your weekend plans?