1) On Tuesday, I got together with a bunch of girlfriends to do a fun craft project at a DIY studio in town, called MakeMe Studio. Originally, I wasn’t too excited because crafting just isn’t my thing, but I went into it with a good attitude. I knew my final product wouldn’t be the best (it most likely would be the worst!) but I wanted to let go of perfectionist tendencies, let go of being self-deprecating to save face, and just have a good time. And that’s what happened! We painted our canvases in a color of our choice, and then decoupaged leaf-shaped scrapbook pages onto the canvas to form a flower. I don’t really think my final product resembles a flower (especially compared to what my friends made!), but I had a really fun time and I would do it again in a heartbeat. It felt really good to be creative just to be creative.
2) I am so close to cruise time I can feel it! A week from tomorrow, we leave! My mom and I are actually beginning our vacation on Friday afternoon, leaving St. Pete around 12:30-1:00 and driving down to Ft. Lauderdale for the night. Miami is only about a four-hour drive from where we live, but I’d rather drive down the day before to be on the safe side! Plus, it means we get to start our vacation earlier! Whee! We have all of our excursions booked (more on that next week!), so all that is left is getting past this next week.
3) On that same note, I am in panic mode about not getting sick. In this last week alone, five coworkers have called in sick. Obviously, you can’t be on a cruise ship while sick, so I’m going to do everything I can to remain healthy and away from all the germs. I have a pretty solid immune system (ahem, knock on wood), so I am hopeful that continuing to take my vitamins, chugging water, and washing my hands constantly will keep any germs away! I’m also considering wearing a surgical mask and sealing off my cubicle, but that seems a bit drastic.
4) I spent a fun afternoon with my two nephews on Sunday afternoon! I wanted to have some serious baby snuggles (my baby nephew is sooo sweet and snuggly!), but I knew my mom wanted some one-on-one Dominic time and I noticed that my older nephew was getting jealous of the attention we were giving the baby. So, I let my mom have Dominic and I spent some one-on-one time with Jovy in his bedroom, which was really nice! I say this all the time, but he is at such a great age! All the ages are the best ages, I guess!
5) Happy Friday! I am really looking forward to this weekend. There will be some last-minute cruise shopping, a trip to the bank to discuss my auto loan (fingers crossed they want to refinance!), spectating at a race that my mom, my future stepdad, and some coworkers will be running, and having a fun Mother’s Day lunch out. And then the countdown to my cruise and ten days off work begins!
How was your week? Any fun weekend plans?