1) Saturday night was my work’s Christmas party. These parties are always such a blast because I work with really awesome people. It’s fun to see everyone dressed up and to meet people’s significant others. We do a White Elephant gift exchange, raffle prizes, play games (including karaoke, which is always a delight!), and dance the night away. I am not one for parties usually, but I really enjoyed myself. The best part was that I left with a steam espresso maker from the gift exchange! The past two years I haven’t gotten stellar gifts, so I was really happy that I finally got something awesome. I can’t wait to use it!
2) Serial is back Serial is back Serial is back Serial is back Serial is back. I am so stoked! I wasn’t sure if Sarah Koenig was going to find a story as compelling as season one, but I am honestly hooked. I know embarrassingly little about the topic at hand, and though I’ve seen many people expressing disinterest and saying episode one was boring (to which I say: WUT.), I am on the edge of my seat for episode two.
3) I’m currently reading two books, which is something I used to do more often in the past. I’m reading The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks to fulfill the microhistory category for the Book Riot reading challenge. It is slow and heavy and much sadder than I expected, but I’m getting through it. I’m also reading My True Love Gave to Me for book club, which is a set of 12 short stories written by YA authors. I’m not a huge fan of short story collections, so it’s nice to read them this way: read a few chapters of my heavy nonfiction book and then read a delightfully light and fun YA short story.
4) I re-downloaded the Sleep Cycle app to my phone once again. I used to use it religiously, but then I stopped for some reason. But I haven’t been sleeping well since I moved (and I used to be a champion sleeper!) so I’d really like to gather some information on how well (or not well) I’m sleeping, how deeply (or not deeply) I’m sleeping, and how long I’m sleeping. I’m hoping it will give me some answers!
5) I’m very happy it is the weekend. I have a good one planned. Tonight, I am meeting up with my friend to write at Starbucks. (I just hit over 70k in my novel, wahoo!) On Saturday, my car has a doctor’s appointment (and I’m praying I won’t be given a long list of everything that needs to be fixed) and while that’s happening, my mom and I are going to do some Christmas shopping! Saturday night, I plan on watching one of the cheesy Hallmark movies I have taped and having a Christmas present wrapping extravaganza. And Sunday will be an easy day of watching football with my family.
Happy Friday! What are your weekend plans?