I didn’t mean for my break from blogging to last as long as it did, but I must say I’m glad to be back. I needed to get away from my blog and writing for a while, away from a rigid three-day-a-week or five-day-a-week schedule to figure out where I want my blog to go. I feel more secure now.
A lot has happened in the past three weeks.
- I ran my sixth 5K the Thursday before Halloween. Since I was only on Week 3 of Couch to 5K, I wasn’t expecting a great PR. I just hoped to run and enjoy my time there. I did that. I didn’t set a new personal record. In fact, my time was the exact same time as my previous personal record, which I got from my 5K in April. 44:54. How I managed that, I’ll never know. But since it beats the time of my 5K in September, I’ll take it! I’m signed up for a trail run on November 21st and ready to smash that 44:54.
- My blog has changed. I was growing sick of my current design and needed a change. I contacted Designer Blogs about one of their premades and it was installed within a week! Check them out if you want a design. They do custom orders! I added a little race section to my sidebar, which includes my PR’s (which are not all that impressive, but they are mine), as well as my upcoming races.
- I received a lovely letter from a blog friend that uplifted my spirits and made me realize why I have a blog. She mentioned some key facts that have helped me to figure out where I want my blog to go. She said all the things I had been thinking in the back of my mind but was too afraid to voice.
- I registered for my last semester ever this past week. Well, as an undergrad, although I’m 80% sure I’m not going to attempt grad school. The semester should be an easy one, a fun one, with very little stress. I’m taking Spanish II and Senior Seminar, which are both required. I also signed up for Twentieth Century Literature for my exit course (another required course) and Form and Technique of Fiction, which was the filler course I needed to keep my scholarship. I’m super excited about those last two classes. I think they’re going to be fun!
- I decided to quit my internship. There were a lot of factors leading to this decision but suffice it to say, I’m at peace with it and it was something I had to do. I’ve only been working there for 3 hours on Wednesdays. My last day there will be November 17 and it will definitely be a bittersweet day.
- I recently became a contributing writer for the website, Blissfully Domestic. It’s a fun little writing gig and allows me to let some creative juices flow. It also gives me a place to have my name in print online, which is always a plus. Check out my first article here, where I talk about writing.
- I have discovered that it’s OK to spend a day or two without checking my Google Reader. The world won’t end and the bloggers won’t hate me. Sometimes, sanity is more important than popularity. That being said, I love reading blogs and there is so much I derive from your stories, tips, and inspiring notes. And I am never fully away from the blog world. It has captured me.
- I have oodles and oodles of blog post ideas floating through my head. I can’t wait to share my recent epiphanies, funny stories, and moments. The break was much needed, but I also realized my blog is also much needed.