Today marks the end of the first month of 2011. Can you believe we’re already 31 days into the new year? (Only 10 months until the Christmas season!)
It’s been a busy month for me but in the past few weeks, I’ve just been happier. There’s nothing on the horizon to look forward to, just a lot of work, a lot of classes, and a lot of homework and studying. But I’m happy. I wake up happy (well, sleepy, but also happy) and there’s just a joy surrounding me. I hope I can keep up this good attitude because life is so much more fulfilling when you’re happy!
January had it’s share of ups and downs.
- I welcomed in the new year on my living room couch, watching the ball drop on TV with my dog and my mom. We had a quiet night at home, which was simply perfect.
- My mom completed her first-ever marathon. (I see at least one more in her future!)
- I began my last semester as an undergrad, which was filled with it’s own set of headaches.
- I spent my weekends buried in homework and cleaning, but feeling more relaxed and fulfilled than those weekends spent doing absolutely nothing.
- I had an eye appointment (my first since September 2008!) where I found out my eyes had indeed gotten worse and my astigmatism in my right eye was stronger than before, meaning contacts are probably not the best everyday option. (Even contacts used for astigmatism, they still jump around in my eye.)
- I completed my goals of getting on track with my eating (and subsequently lost almost 6 pounds this month!), as well as establishing a cleaning chart to help me get motivated to help out more around the house. And I disconnected 3 out of the 4 Saturdays in January.
- I did not complete my goals of establishing a budget or paying off my largest credit card (all I have to do is call the collection agency and set up the payment! Procrastinate, much?). I failed miserably on my water intake, although it did get a teensy bit better once I started back at Weight Watchers.
- Turning off electronics at 9pm? It didn’t happen once in January. I usually didn’t remember about this goal I set until 9:30pm or later, if I remembered at all!
- Tomorrow’s post will outline my goals for February, but I am going to “treat” myself to a new sports bra (or two!). The ones I’m wearing now I’ve had for about 3-4 years so I’m pretty sure it’s more of a necessity than anything. No Otterbox, though. Maybe next month!
How was the first month of January for you?