June marks a whole lotta nuthin’ for me. It’s nice to have a month free of obligations and nothing pressing to get to, but there’s also a sense of sadness that all the fun stuff of 2011 is over and now it’s time to hit to job hunt hard. I think it’s imperative I find a job for everyone’s sake. You really don’t want me complaining for another two months now, do you?
My goals for May were simple and achievable:
1. Graduate from college: Big fat check-mark for this one! My commencement ceremony was one of the highlights of my life. I was in a bit of a fog as I walked across stage, mostly afraid I would trip or look stupid, but I just remember how happy I was that night. Happy that this part of my life was over and happy that I had finally achieved this monster goal. The fact that I’m not preparing for classes or trying to figure out how to coincide my work schedule with my school schedule makes me insanely joyful. No more school – ever! (Unless I decide to go to graduate school, which is still a decision I have yet to make.)
2. Enjoy my cruise. Oh, yes. I most definitely did. My mantra for the cruise was to enjoy the moment. I didn’t want to think about leaving the ship or going back to work or anything but what was happening at that moment. It was the best vacation I’ve ever gone on and I think I’m hooked on cruises now!
3. Apply to 3 jobs a day. Ehhh? I think I applied to somewhere around 15-20 jobs during the month of May, none yielding any positive results. Boo hiss. Discouragement is rampant but I’m also trying to settle myself down and just focus on applying my little heart out until the opportunity shows itself. While my current job isn’t ideal, it does give me some income and keeps me busy so I’m not sitting around like a bum. So there’s that.
4. Restart Project 365. Success! Even if I did start it on the first day of my cruise. I’m hoping to find it easier to just take pictures this go round, documenting the little areas of my life. I know that when I’m not seeking this goal, my camera gets thrown in a drawer and forgotten about so it’s a good way for me to keep snapping photos, no matter how lame they may be.
5. Take Dutch on two long walks a week. Let’s not even talk about this. Sorry, little guy.
As for my goals for June, it’s time to get back on the wagon! I want to keep applying for jobs daily and follow up on the ones I apply for when I can, get back to eating healthy, exercise 5-6 times a week, make the most of my weekends, and tidy up my blog.
Here’s to a rockin’ June! Who has fun plans for this upcoming month?