Okay, so can I be bluntly honest for a minute? One of the things I love most about Christmas is giving and receiving presents. I know, I know – it’s not cool to be all “presents YAY!” anymore, but what the hell, I totally am. I love crafting my wishlist for the year, I love buying presents for my family, I love wrapping gifts and seeing the presents underneath the lit Christmas tree. I love anticipating what my family bought for me this year, and anticipating how my family will react to the gifts I bought them. It’s all so fun to me! I can’t deny I love it.
What I also love? Reading other people’s wishlists! I’ve done my own a few times, so I thought I’d spent time today reviewing what I want Santa to bring me this year!
1) Over-the-door shoe organizer. The shoe organizer I brought to my new apartment didn’t actually fit anywhere in my closet, so right now, my shoes reside in a basket, which serves its function but is a little annoying to sort through when I need a specific shoe. So, an organizer like this would be perfect!
2) Food scale. I love having a food scale around to weigh out specific portions like meat (3 ounces weighed looks completely different to 3 ounces eyeballed by Stephany) and pasta and fruit. My mom got the food scale in the move (considering it was her Christmas present from my brother, heh), so I’m in the market for a new one!
3) Essential oils diffuser. The main reason I put this on my list is because I heard that using a diffuser can help naturally aid in nasal congestion, and I’m in month four of experiencing nighttime congestion so I’m willing to try anything at this point. (Currently, I’m doing a saline nasal spray + allergy meds + Nasonex regime, which helps but not completely.) I already have an entire set of essential oils, I just need the diffuser to bring it all together!
4) Bedrest pillow. I work a lot from my bed and I don’t have the best support while doing so. I’m either hunched over or leaning way back. I think this pillow can solve my problems, yeah?
5) Laptop tray. This one goes hand-in-hand with the pillow and I love the one pictured above. It seems super sturdy, allows me to play around with the angle of the laptop, and even has a place for a drink. Please, Santa? I’ve been good this year!
6) Vera Bradley Petite Trifold Wallet. I always like to include a few Vera Bradley items on my Christmas lists, and I’m in dire need (not really) of a new wallet. I love this one as it’s smaller than the ones I have right now, but still super functional. And I love the pattern.
7) Adult coloring book. Because they’re all the rage and I’m desperate to be like the cool kids. I can just imagine how coloring while watching a TV show (rather than catching up on my snarky blog forums) could relax me and improve my mood.
8) Vera Bradley Lighten Up Lunch Cooler. I wouldn’t say I need a new Vera lunch bag, but I sure would love one! I use the one I have right now every day, and I’ve had it for maybe 2-3 years now, so I’d say I’m due for a new one.
9) Curling iron. I’ve actually never owned a curling iron (fun fact!), but I’d love to have one and start playing around with adding waves to my hair. My hair is usually just blown dry and straightened (or if I’m feeling lazy, pulled back in a ponytail, which happens all too often), so this can add a little variety to my hair game!
Okay – your turn! What’s on your wishlist this year?