Well, well, well. I am supremely happy with the way my August goals shook out. I accomplished all but one of them, but the one I didn’t complete was nixed for another goal, so really, I’m considering this month as a 100% success. BOOYAH. After many months of lackluster goals updates, I am really happy with the way I attacked life in August and I’m hoping that September will be just as successful.
Here’s how I did:
1) Go to the gym every Wednesday morning. Not complete. I did this once, but then decided it was time to cancel my gym membership because I just wasn’t getting the usage out of it that I wanted. (Mostly because they kept canceling spin classes, ugh.) Instead, in mid-August, I made a goal of walking 10,000 steps daily and I’ve been super successful at that.
2) Schedule a therapy appointment. GUESS WHAT I FINALLY DID THIS. I decided to work my way down the list of providers on my health insurance website and call two therapists a day until I found one that would call me back. Thankfully, it only took two calls to find a therapist and I’m going to my first appointment on Friday. I really, really hope she’s “the one.”
3) Buy an area rug. Complete! I bought this one from Target and it’s perfect!
4) Spend at least 30 minutes outside every weekend. Complete! I spent some time by my pool and also got outside for long walks, thanks to my goal of walking 10,000 steps every day.
5) Buy a book about the Enneagram. Complete! I bought The Road Back to You.
6) Cut my credit card balance in half. Complete! Actually, I did better than that and cut my credit card balance by 75%! I am pretty certain that I’ll be able to have it completely paid off sometime this month and that feels fantastic.
Here’s what I want to accomplish in September:
1) No more shopping. Hoo boy, I let myself go a little crazy with shopping in August. There were plenty of Amazon orders placed, an online order at Old Navy, and a few too many Target shopping trips. I want to settle down my shopping habit in September, and by that I mean, completely freeze any unnecessary spending for the rest of the month.
2) Walk 10,000 steps every day. This is a goal I have been consistently working towards since mid-August, and I think it’s a good one to put on my goals list for September. Since I typically have to do an hour-long walk every day to hit this goal, it’s a great way for me to get moving.
3) Eat three home-cooked meals a week. I’ve been spending a little too much money eating out lately (story of my goddamn life) as well as eating too many frozen meals. I’d like to challenge myself to eat three home-cooked meals a week in an effort to ease up on my spending and not-so-healthy meals. (And by three home-cooked meals, I really mean making one meal and eating leftovers for two days because I’m not crazy.)
4) Schedule a facial. I bought a Groupon for a facial last month and I’d like to cash it in this month. I’ve never had a facial before, but my skin is a constant source of annoyance for me. Hopefully, a facial can help!
5) Sell my sectional. It’s time to finally sell my sectional! I already have it listed on Craigslist, but haven’t gotten any interested buyers as of yet. I may have to lower my asking price, womp womp.
6) Cultivate a better nighttime routine. Lately, I haven’t been great at my nighttime routine, something I used to be a boss at. I feel like I’m constantly running around and not settling into my night in a peaceful way. For me, a better nighttime routine involves shutting off all screens by 7:30, tidying up my apartment, taking a bubble bath, and doing a full skincare routine before getting into bed to read. Ideally, lights out by 9:00 every night.
What’s something you’d like to accomplish in September?