In July, I…
- Had some very complicated feelings about the Fourth of July. I’ll be honest: it was really hard to feel patriotic this year. I was sick during the holiday, so I spent the majority of the day in bed watching Friends, and stayed off social media as much as I could. It’s just hard to feel proud to be an American right now. The leader of our country is someone who doesn’t abide by morals or ethics. The party in power is filled with money-hungry, spineless idiots. Asylum seekers are having their children ripped away from them. The president is shaking hands with dictators and putting our global partners on blast. It’s just really hard to be a proud American right now. I’m proud of the resistance. I’m proud of the people who get up and fight against this administration every day. But I’m not proud of our leaders and I just want this nightmare to be over already.
- Celebrated my mom’s birthday. My mom’s birthday was early in July, and we had a low-key celebration for her. My brother and I went to her apartment to have a game night where we ordered in pizza and I made a cake for her. Then, on Sunday, I brought her mini-doughnuts and took her out to lunch. I always love celebrating my mom!
- Spent a weekend at Anna Maria Island with my friends. I talked all about this weekend previously, but suffice it to say, it was such a lovely weekend and it’s one I’m going to remember so fondly. I love this tribe of girlfriends I have in my life, and I can’t wait for even more adventures with them.
- Had all of the doctor’s appointments. For some reason, July was the month of all of the doctor’s appointments. The majority of them were just regular annual checkups, like a dentist appointment, gyn exam, and seeing the eye doctor. I also saw my regular doctor to discuss adjusting my anxiety meds and getting my thyroid levels checked.
- Attended a Friends trivia night at a pub. Oh, this was so much fun! A few friends got together when we heard a local pub was hosting a Friends trivia night. I thought I might be able to help since I’m currently rewatching the series, but it’s amazing how many questions I couldn’t answer. Ha. Still, we had a ton of fun and the restaurant was packed. It’s amazing to see how this show has impacted so many of us, decades after the show ended.
In August, I will…
- See Crazy Rich Asians with some work friends. I’m really looking forward to this movie! I didn’t love the book as much as most people did (it was a 3 star read for me), but the movie looks fantastic.
- Celebrate five years at my job. It’s blowing my mind that August marks five years! It’s been a really fun five years. This past year has been a tough one with most of my close work friends moving on to new companies and opportunities, but I’m still really enjoying what I do and I don’t take that for granted at all.
- Take my mom on a dolphin tour. For Christmas, my brother and I purchased tickets to go on a dolphin tour with my mom, and we’re finally going to go in August. It should be a super fun afternoon and I hope we see some dolphins!
Tell me something good that happened in your life in July!