This weekend was jam-packed with shopping, family time, and new experiences. It was a busy one, but one of those weekends that you need every once in a while. I love my weekends where I don’t do much but catch up on sleep and laze around the house, but it’s also nice to actually do something on the weekend!
In bullet format:
- I started my weekend at 10:30am on Friday, which is earlier than I normally get off work. But I was happy, since it meant I could go home and start on a paper I have due on Wednesday. (Of course, I spent the majority of the time online window shopping, but we just won’t talk about that.)
- Since my poor dog, Dutch, hadn’t been feeling well for the past few days, we scheduled a vet appointment at 2 p.m. on Friday. On Wednesday night, he started acting real funny. He didn’t eat, didn’t want to be around anyone, and would whimper when we picked him up. He started feeling better towards the latter part of the week, but we took him in anyway to make sure it wasn’t something serious. And we found out he had a slight fever! Poor thing, it was 103.6 and a normal temperature for a dog is 102, so he was sent home with antibiotics to bring it down. He did get a regular check-up and blood work done, all which turned out fine. We’ll be going back next week to get his shots done, but he has had lots of cuddle time this weekend! It’s just so sad when your pet is sick.
- On Saturday morning, my mom and I made a trip to International Mall in Tampa to get new running shoes! I was extremely happy with my purchase and I have a post to write on my experience with that. Because it was an experience!
- The afternoon and evening was spent celebrating my nephew’s 2nd birthday! I cannot even believe this little bug is already two. Where did the years go? I still remember him as this sleepy newborn…and now he’s a rambunctious, hilarious two-year-old. It was a blast hanging out with him and being silly for a day. He’s the funnest kid you could ever hang out with.
- On Sunday morning, my mom and I woke up bright and early to join a running group for a run in Tampa. The place we ran was unbelievably beautiful and filled with runners, walkers, bikers, and roller-bladers. I really wish we had a place like that near us. It was also my mom’s first time running since her accident and she did pretty good! I can’t wait until she gets into the swing of things again, since it’s her absolute favorite thing to do. It’s going to take a while, especially being away for over 6 weeks and dealing with a broken elbow, but she’s a trooper! She is still planning on running the Disney Marathon in January, although she will have to adjust her training schedule a lot to account for this.
- Sunday afternoon and evening was spent watching football and finishing up a novel I’ve been reading for weeks. (It took forever for this book to get interesting!)
- I disconnected this weekend. Not as crazy as I did during my week-long media fast earlier this year, but I wasn’t as connected as I usually am. It felt refreshing to not need to be so attached, even if it did feel a little weird to open up Twitter and see all these conversations that I had no idea about. Still, it’s definitely something I want to keep doing.
- The week ahead is going to be busy with two very long days on Wednesday and Thursday, but I’m prepared for it. Somewhat.