This is only my third time participating in Walking With Nora’s Wine and Love series, but it’s easily one of my favorites!
- Getting sick. On Saturday morning, I woke up with a swollen throat and the imending doom that I was getting sick. I get allergy-like symptoms every 3 months or so and it always feels like it comes after a child in my center coughs on me. Sigh. Swollen throat turned scratchy which turned into a stuffy nose and all around feeling of blah-ness. Luckily, it seems to have passed and I’m on the mend! I’ve been trying to keep it easy for the past few days because these tend to last for a week or longer because I don’t take the time to slow down and let my body get the rest it needs.
- Finding being healthy to be such a chore. I’m now paying $40 a month to attend Weight Watcher meetings and use their online food and exercise tracking tools. And I’m not using either to its fullest extent. I have felt so off this week, especially with my eating. I’ve been watching what I eat, but not tracking it. I’ve been exercising, but not putting my heart and soul into my workouts. I know this has something to do with being sick, but it has just felt so hard this week.
- How long this week has been. This week has just absolutely dragged. On Monday, I thought it was Tuesday. Tuesday, I thought it was Wednesday. (And started drafting a Wine & Love post in my head to post the next day…until I realized what day it was.) It’s just been so long and I have no idea why. Today is seriously only Thursday?
- Having interviews. Changing my focus of job search engines from Monster to Craigslist has been the best decision I have made in this job search journey thus far. I have gotten so much more response and interviews and on Tuesday, I went on one of the best interviews I’ve ever had. I felt immediately at ease with the interviewer (also the person I would be working under) and loved the company and atmosphere. I’ve never felt more at home at a place. This feels like my job already, so I’m going to be absolutely devastated if I don’t get it.
- The comments on my friendship post. Honestly, I didn’t do it for the attention or “woe is me”. I debated posting it, but in the end I did because I had to know I wasn’t the only person feeling this way. And the comments and e-mails I received were just absolutely freaking amazing. I’ve been thinking about friendship a lot lately, especially about how I don’t seem to have a close-knit group of girlfriends – or even a close-knit group of blog girlfriends – like I see others have. The truth is, I just need to reach out because now I know I do have people who want to make closer connections with me. (I’ve been over my head in interviews and life, but I promise to get to those comments soon with e-mails and replies! Check your inboxes!)
- The NFL lockout looks to be ending soon! We should have word today, announcing the end and I can’t even tell you how excited this makes me! For a while there, it wasn’t looking good and I can’t imagine my Sundays in fall and winter without football. That’s a world I never want to imagine.