Woohoo – it’s the weekend I have been waiting for! Tomorrow, my mom and I leave on our annual cruise and I am just beside myself with excitement. This will be our seventh cruise and our first time sailing out of Miami. I just can’t wait to spend seven days sailing the high seas, sipping fruity drinks, and enjoying quality time with my best friend. This blog will remain quiet for a while as I vacation and then come back to reality, but I hope to return at the end of May with tons of cruise recaps! For today, I thought it would be fun to do a “yesterday, today, and tomorrow” post since I haven’t done one of these in a long time. Enjoy!
- worked from home. Yes! My last full day of working and I got to do it from the comfort of my apartment wearing yoga pants. And I had a productive day and finished up all the work I needed to do before I left. I’ll be able to enjoy my vacation with ease, knowing I won’t have a ton of deadlines I have to rush to meet when I return to work.
- enjoyed lunch with my mom. One of my favorite benefits of my work from home days – I get to enjoy a nice lunch with my mom! We usually meet each other at Panera Bread and eat outside, so I get sunshine and a nice chat. It’s awesome!
- packed for my vacation. WHEE! I love packing. It’s slightly nerve-wracking because I’m super neurotic and always worry about leaving something uber-important behind. But it’s also fun and just builds my anticipation.
- have my last day in the office for TEN WHOLE DAYS. And I only have to work for 3.5 hours! And it’s Bagel Friday! Yay!
- will say good-bye to Dutch for a week! As excited as I am for vacation, I am also incredibly sad to leave my Dutchers for a whole week. I’m going to miss that little stinker so much!
- will drive to Ft. Lauderdale with my mom. Originally, we planned to just drive down to Miami (where our cruise is departing from) on Saturday, the day of our cruise. But then we decided: why not extend our vacation by a day? So we did! We’ll drive down sometime in the late afternoon, arrive in Ft. Lauderdale in the early evening, have dinner, and relax. Plus, this means Saturday will be nice and easy, since the drive to the port is less than an hour away, rather than four!
- will be in Miami for the first time ever! Can you believe I’ve never visited Miami? It’s crazy, since it’s only a four-hour drive from where I live. But I won’t get to explore too much of Miami – we’re heading straight to the port! Maybe next time!
- will sail away on my seventh cruise. My mom and I are sailing on the Carnival Glory; it’ll be our first time on this ship for both of us! We’re stopping in Half Moon Cay, the Bahamas, where we’ll be doing a bike and hike excursion; St. Thomas, USVI, where we’ll be doing a speed boat and snorkel excursion; San Juan, Puerto Rico, where we’ll be doing a zip-lining excursion (our third time zip-lining!); and Grand Turk, where we’ve planned a lazy day of laying out by the ginormous pool and walking along the beach.
- will enjoy the most divine day of the cruise! Departure day is always so filled with excitement and promise. There will be our first drinks of the cruise, the first time lounging on the deck, the first dinner, and the first night of entertainment. Eek – I can’t wait!
What is your “yesterday, today, and tomorrow?”