Happy Friday! This week has felt very long to me, for some reason. (I said many curse words when I woke up on Thursday morning and realized it wasn’t Friday.) But it’s been a good week and I’ve had a great start to the first few days of my DietBet. Yay! Let’s ease into the weekend with a fun “yesterday, today & tomorrow” post, yeah?
- Woke up early to workout. My plan was to do 30 minutes of cardio, followed by 15-20 minutes of strength training, but I didn’t get started early enough to do both, so just did this elliptical interval workout I found on Pinterest, which was killer.
- Listened to the latest Joy the Baker podcast while getting ready for work. My new thing is listening to podcasts while I’m getting ready for the day and it is my favorite! (Joy and Tracy make me giggle so much!)
- Had the worst time focusing at work. Sometimes, I can whip through my writing easy as pie, and other days, it’s a struggle to write even one page of content. I was aiming to write 10 pages and only managed 8.
- Scheduled one of my cruise excursions! This is the first time my mom & I are trying an excursion that is not offered through the cruise line, but Carnival is lacking in the fun, inexpensive excursions for the Bahamas. So, yesterday, I put down a deposit to spend the day at a resort! We’ll have free rein of their beach, pool, and bar area, use of kayaks and floats, as well as a $40 voucher each to spend on food and drinks. Spending the day laying by the pool and beach, sipping fruity drinks? Sign me up!
- Had an unsatisfying meal at Panera (I had their smoked turkey sandwich with a side salad and kettle chips and it did not fill me up!), so I came home and made popcorn, which was intensely satisfying. And polished it off with a Paleo chocolate covered cookie dough bite!
- Woke up early (my fifth day in a row!) to exercise. Finding the motivation to exercise has been directly related to adding it to My Fitness Pal and gaining extra calories for the day. I try not to use them if I can, but it’s nice to have that buffer as staying at 1,200 calories a day is very hard for me. (Though, to be honest, I am typically more concerned about staying within my limits for fat, carbs, sugar, and protein.)
- Have an easy day of work ahead of me: writing two pages of content and proofing a coworker’s pages. Yay, Friday!
- Will have taco leftovers for lunch. I am really, really excited about this. (Too excited?)
- Will take a nap. Because Fridays are for napping, amiright?
- Will meet with my writing friend at Starbucks to spend a few hours working on my WIP. Tonight, I plan on doing a lot of work on my plot, a character analysis, and my book blurb.
Tomorrow, I will…
- Weigh in for the DietBet! All I need to lose this week is 1.7 lbs, but I’m hoping to lose more to build a buffer. (I’m a little afraid that I won’t be able to keep this motivation up for three more weeks!)
- Try to catch up on DVR recordings. Oh, I am so behind on The Blacklist, Parenthood, Nashville, Scandal, The Mindy Project, etc. I am really looking forward to a day spent on the couch, snuggling with Dutch and watching TV. (My life. It is exciting.)
- Attempt to find a wide-brimmed sun hat for my cruise. I know, I know. It’s a little dorky to have a sun hat but I don’t care. I want one because I think they’re cute and my scalp tends to burn really easily (and I always forget to apply sunscreen there!) and it’ll keep me cool (as in temperature-wise, not in fashionwise. I know that.).
- Wash and vacuum my car. It is so dirty that it’s a little embarrassing. (Okay, a lot embarrassing!)
- Enjoy my cheat meal! I have been looking forward to my cheat meal all week and I can barely handle myself. It’s the little things, sometimes. (Say what you want about cheat meals – I find they work for me!)
What is one thing you did yesterday, did today, and will do tomorrow?