As you well know, I’m pretty open on my blog. I talk about a variety of topics, ranging from weight struggles to religion. I don’t play it safe most times and I really try to let you see my heart through my postings. But there are certain topics I will not talk about on my blog, the unbloggables. (And yes, it is a word!)
- Family. While I’ll celebrate the good times with my family through blog posts, I will never air our dirty laundry to the blog world. I think it’s distasteful and when it comes to extended family, I don’t feel like it’s my story to tell. I have learned from hard experience that airing your family’s dirty laundry is never a good idea.
- Work. I work at a preschool where I’m legally obligated to live by the axiom, “What happens at preschool, stays at preschool.” While I would love to show you pictures of these sweet munchkins who have completely captivated my heart, I can’t. And while sometimes I need a place to vent about workplace strife, I won’t. This is not the place for that.
- Internship. I try to be as discreet as possible when I do talk about my internship, never fully delving into exactly where I work or the kind of work I do. A lot of it has to be kept in house. Again, not the place.
- TMI stuff. I don’t really enjoy reading TMI postings, especially sexual exploits and the like. There’s not too much happening in my life that would involve a TMI post, anyway. Unless we want to talk about having to go to the bathroom during the middle of a run or that very special time of the month. Not happening.
- Politics. The big reason why I don’t talk about politics on this blog is because I feel so uneducated on the subject. I know talking about politics can bring the ugly out in some people and, honestly, my heart can’t take it. I take things way too personally so mean comments would destroy me. Plus, I like Obama and I’m not of the mind that bashing our president is helpful.