1. Proactiv and me are not working out. I started using the products a few weeks ago twice a day and it severely dried out my face. So I switched down to once a day and then down to once every other day when my face was still feeling itchy and super dry. Then I started waking up to red splotches on my neck, puffy eyes, and redness around my eyes and realized I probably had some sort of allergy to the products. I waited until my face was cleared up from the reactions to try again (once every other day) but I still woke up with splotches on my neck and puffy eyes so I guess it’s time to call it quits. I’m sad because it was starting to work but I need to find something gentler on my face and more all-natural. (Any suggestions?)
2. I had my review last Friday! And it went amazing! I try to keep work chatter to a minimum on this blog so I won’t delve into the details but suffice it to say, I emerged from my boss’s office with a smile and my insecurities surrounding my work performance vanished. Yay!
3. My cousin had her baby on Tuesday! Her name is Mia Jayne and she was 8 lbs, 6 oz and is a little chunkster already. My mom and I went to the hospital Tuesday night to see her and she is just absolute perfection. My cousin was completely worn out but an absolute trooper with all the guests (in the 30 minutes we were there, eleven people came to visit her!). Little Mia, though, is beautiful and I’m so in love with her already. She is now the lock screen on my phone (which makes me happy whenever I look at it) and I hope I get a chance to visit her this weekend. These arms are sorely lacking in baby snuggles lately.
4. We are having a huge issue with Dutch crying when we’re gone. I’m not sure if he does it all day, but I can hear him crying when we get home. I really hope he’s not doing it all day. I think it’s the new place and not really having any windows to people watch, but we’ve had one complaint and I really do not want to get another! We’ve tried leaving the TV or radio on and sometimes that works but lately it hasn’t been. I found some tips online that I’m going to try out (like exercising him more, buying a Kong, and not making a huge deal out of leaving) so I hope to God these work. Because, honestly, it tears at my heart to walk up to my apartment and hear him crying. I feel like the worst dog mom ever! Not to mention, I know it’s annoying for our neighbors and I never want to be the neighbors with the annoying dog! Anyone have any other tips to try? (I may even buy a Thundershirt, if it comes to that!)
5. Tonight, I am chatting with Ashley (as part of her 100 Free Coaching Calls birthday celebration. You can still snag a spot!) and, although I’m super nervous, I’m also excited to see what clarity she can bring to certain things weighing me down lately. I also plan on going on my first run since I broke my ankle (!) on Saturday morning. Sunday, my brother is coming over to watch football. (His Niners are 4-1 when he comes over to watch when they are on TV. Apparently, I am a good luck charm.) It should be a pretty low-key and calm weekend so I’m excited to get lots crossed off my to-do list this weekend!
Happy Friday, friends! Any fun weekend plans? Any tips on gentler face washes and/or tips on ease my dog’s separation anxiety?