1) Monday was Dutch’s birthday! He turned 13 – can you even believe that? He definitely doesn’t look or act his age. I know dachshunds can live for a long time (usually 15 or 16 years!), so I’m saying all the prayers that he’s one of the lucky ones who lives a long, long life. For his birthday, my mom and I celebrated by taking him to Tijuana Flats for lunch on Sunday and then for a long walk at his favorite park on Monday evening. 13 years old and he marched around that running trail like a boss. I love this pooch of mine so darn much! (Oh! And in the above photo, that card is from his first mama, my great-aunt Joanne. Isn’t that adorable?)
2) I went to the movies this week to see Kingsman (which, by the way, was fantastic. Colin Firth + an adorable lead actor + English accents galore = perfect movie!) When I was buying my ticket for the movie, though, I got carded! I don’t think I have ever been carded for a movie before. I’m sure the concierge felt a wee bit silly when she saw my age, ha! I honestly do not mind that I look young for my age, and that some people probably still think I’m a teenager. It actually makes me laugh!
3) One of my goals for this month is to launch a new blog theme and this is something I am really, really excited about! It might even happen within the next week! I have had this current theme since I moved over to WordPress three years ago and it is a bit tired and I am ready for something new. I’ve decided to just use a premade blog theme from Etsy because I don’t really want to spend hundreds of dollars on launching a custom one. And there are some really good premade blog themes on Etsy! I’m still debating if I want to try to set up the theme on my own, or just pay the $15 to let the designer do it. I’m pretty good with techy stuff, but I’d rather not screw up my entire blog trying to install it myself.
4) For Lent, I gave up soda completely and I gave up eating sweets at work. I am 16 days into the season and I haven’t cheated once! I haven’t even been seriously tempted! Well, this past weekend I had some really bad cravings for soda, but I didn’t give in and I felt so empowered for fighting through the craving. I am sleeping soooo much better (I know HSPs are very sensitive to caffeine, but I always thought I was immune and my sleeping problems had to do with being overweight. But nope. Definitely due to drinking too much caffeine!) I’m hoping I can keep this up past the 40 days because soda and sweets are my biggest vices.
5) I am planning a super low-key weekend. Last weekend was way too crazy for my liking – I was super busy Friday night, all day Saturday, and most of Sunday! I had plans for tonight, but I canceled them in favor of vegging out in front of the TV. (Hey – sometimes you gotta, right?!) Saturday will involve a run, errands, and possibly a pedicure. And Sunday, I am crossing my fingers the weather will be nice enough to have my first pool day of the year! (I am sorry to brag.) (I love Florida “winter.”)
Have you ever been carded trying to buy a ticket for an R-rated movie? Tell me your weekend plans!