1) Have you heard of Crusoe the Celebrity Dachshund? If not, you should definitely follow him on Instagram and/or Facebook for the cutest pictures and funniest videos. It’s one of my favorite accounts – and not just because Crusoe looks exactly like Dutch. Some of my favorite videos are Cops & Robbers, Fifty Shades of Grey, and Crusoe watching football. (I’m glad to know he’s not a Patriots fan! Haha!) Anyway, Crusoe is vacationing in Florida right now, and he “hosted” a meetup at Fort Desoto Dog Beach, which is a hop, skip, and a jump from me! So, last Saturday, my mom, Dutch, and I met Crusoe and got some pictures. It was so fun! Crusoe was super chill and posed for so many pictures. And it was super nice for his parents to do this for him! 🙂
2) I had a really wonderful Easter. It was super low-key, which was nice. My mom and I invited my grandparents over, as well as my brother and his family, for sandwiches. (My mom also made homemade potato salad, which is SO YUM and I’ve been eating leftovers of it all week!) My newest nephew slept the entire time, but I was able to have some special one-on-one time with my older nephew. We hunted for eggs and then he decided he wanted to play some games! It blows my mind that he is now old enough to play games AND understand them. He requested for my mom, my brother, me, and him to have a game night soon, and that warms my heart more than anything. My brother, mom, and I used to have regular game nights before Jovy was born, but gave them up once he came into our lives (because Jovy time > game night!) And now we can have game nights again – with the most special little boy! I can’t wait!
3) Did you hear that there’s a new podcast coming that further explores Adnan Syed’s case (a la Serial)? I am really, really excited, and have already made plans with my two coworkers who listened to the podcast to listen to this one together. Obviously, it won’t be nearly as good as Serial and it won’t have the same journalistic appeal that Sarah Koenig brings (and it’s probably going to be incredibly one-sided, since it’s hosted by the attorney that brought the case to Sarah’s attention and who fully believes in Adnan’s innocence), but I am intrigued to hear more about the case and Adnan and the latest happenings.
4) I’m listening to an audiobook currently (Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin) and I love the reader on this novel so, so much. It’s read by Cynthia Nixon (yes, the Cynthia Nixon!) and she has such a soothing tone to her voice. Plus! She does not make up funny voices for the characters. Her voice may go up a little when she’s reading a line from the little girl or one of the snooty mom’s, but she doesn’t make up these weird low-pitched voices for the men which. I. love. so. much. It’s really so distracting to me when the reader makes up voices. So, yay Cynthia Nixon! Rock on, sister.
5) This weekend is going to be a fun one! Today, a few coworkers and I are going thrift shopping. Tomorrow, I have plans to work on my novel, sit by the pool, and attend a cousin’s birthday party. And Sunday will be low-key: cleaning, grocery shopping, more novel writing, and maybe more pool sitting. Yay!
How was your Easter? Any fun weekend plans?