I’m bringing back monthly goals in 2011. I am so big on making goals. I think they keep me sane and motivated to do something. I can easily get stuck in a stagnant pattern of everyday life that goals keep me striving for more.
Without further ado, in January, I want to…
- Get back on track. I have gone crazy over these past few weeks with my eating. I’m not tracking, drinking enough water, or exercising like I should. I need to get back to Weight Watchers meetings and get back to taking my health seriously. I don’t want to end 2011 the same way I ended 2010, but it’s going to take a lot of hard work and dedication to get there.
- Drink at least 24oz of water a day. I suck at drinking water. Seriously. I hate the taste, no matter if it’s room temperature, ice cold, or flavored. It’s a necessary evil and I want to work on drinking more of it because I have to stop drinking so much soda! I’m starting small in January, just 24oz a day. I want to someday easily drink 70-80oz of water a day. Baby steps, though.
- Be less connected. I am terribly connected to my laptop, Blackberry, and iPod Touch. I am constantly one on of those forms of technology all day. I want to live more in the moment and stop depending on my technology to keep me busy and occupied. Ideally, I’d like to completely disconnect once a day, but I want to start with shutting down all forms of technology by 9pm and media fasting on Saturdays. I can get too caught up in the online world that I forget to actually be here, in the moment.
- Help out more. I’ve fallen into a pattern of letting housework slide and my mom take on the stress of maintaining a household. I want to help out more around the house and take a more active role in it. One day, I will have my own apartment to take care of, but I can’t forget that this is also my apartment and I need to take care of this one as well.
- Get serious about my money. Admittedly, I let my finances slide a little during the holiday season. I used my credit card more than I should and was intent on spending, spending, spending. I need to buckle down, though, and start paying off my credit cards, saving, and spending more wisely. This starts with calling my collection agency to get my monster bill taken care of. It continues with sitting down, creating a budget, and sticking to it. I need to get serious about saving and paying off my credit cards.
And to further motivate me to complete these goals are these:
A new sports bra (the ones I use are a few years old and stretched out. My mom uses these and loves them) and an OtterBox cell phone cover (I need one, as a notorious phone dropper, and these are the best). Whatever works, right? If I accomplish my goals, I get to reward myself!
I hope your January is off to a rocking start! Do you have any goals, big or small, for this month?