Tomorrow is June 1st! SAY WHAT?!
I’m quite excited that it’s summer, though, and all the fun that awaits me this upcoming month. Things like not spending any money, quitting sugar, and doing the 30-Day Shred! Oh. Wait. It will be a challenging month, that’s for sure, but I’m more than ready to handle it.
For my new style of recapping the month and looking forward to the next one, I’m following Jessica’s style of reflecting on three great things that happened in May and setting three intentions for June. Let’s get right to it, shall we?
In May, I…
1. Came back from another fabulous cruise. It feels weird that I just came back from my cruise at the beginning of May. Between settling back into normal life and a spontaneous mini-vacation in Orlando, my cruise feels like a lifetime ago! As expressed in my multiple blog posts on the subject, my cruise was nothing but wonderful and I’m so happy I had the opportunity to go. I’m not planning on cruising again for a while (I have two major life goals I want to cross off before I even think about booking another cruise!) so I tried to enjoy every moment and soak up all the incredible experiences.
2. Vacationed in Orlando! I just came back from a fabulous, whirlwind trip in Orlando on Monday and it was such a fun little getaway. We visited Hollywood Studios and Disney World and while it was hot and crowded both days, I still had a fabulous time. I love Orlando!
3. Won a spot in Nicole’s 30-Day Sugar Detox program. When I found out about the 30-Day Sugar Detox program, run by the fabulous Nicole of Life Less Bullshit, I knew I wanted to join in. But when enrollment rolled around, I was at a crossroads with my finances and I couldn’t fit all the pieces together to make it work. So when Amy hosted a giveaway for it, I immediately put my name in the ring and I won! I am super, super excited because I desperately need this and I just know it is going to be life-changing for me.
In June, I will…
1. Shut down all electronics by 9pm. I had been doing good with getting to bed at a decent time, which made waking up early to exercise before work almost easy. (Almost. A 5:30am alarm is never actually easy to wake up to.) Lately, though, I’m getting to bed later and later leading me to press snooze and tell myself I’ll workout after work. (Which is not my favorite.) I think I need to get back into the habit of powering down the laptop, turning off the TV, and preparing for bed by 9pm to get back to my early bedtimes. My mornings are feeling rushed and frantic, which leads to me feeling very panicky and stressed on a daily basis. Early bedtime = more sleep = happier me. It’s a win-win!
2. Do the 30-Day Shred. I need a boost in my fitness routine and I thought completing another 30-Day Shred challenge would be just the ticket! The last time I completed this challenge, I lost 4 inches around my body so I’m hoping coupling the workouts with better eating habits will bring me even greater results.
3. Drink water with all of my meals. I go through highs and lows with my water consumption. Some weeks, I’m a water drinkin’ machine and other weeks? It’s all I can do to down even 20 ounces! I know I feel better when I’m drinking a lot of water, so I want to get back into the habit of it. Plus, it’s June in Florida which means hot temps and crazy humidity. Water is a must!
What is one great thing that happened in your life in May? Have you set any intentions for June?