- It feels like anytime I write a post on how sometimes I need to step away from blogging to focus on other things, life always calms down enough for me to connect back with my blog. That’s what happened this week. While I talked about needing to step away, I managed to find time this week to post six times since Saturday. Funny how that works.
- On my Ten on Tuesday post, I talked about how sucky my Blackberry’s battery is. Here’s the proof: yesterday, I took my phone off the charger at 6:10am (fully charged). I locked the screen and did not touch it until 10:15am to find that two and a half of my bars were gone. I had Twitter updates and e-mails from both my personal and school accounts but how do I lose that much power if I’m not even using it? I turned it off at 11am until 12:15pm and by 1:30pm, my battery was completely drained. That is how bad this battery life is. I wasn’t even using it fully during the time it was turned on, just every now and then. I have turned off all LED notifications and wifi, since I use the Sprint network. I close out of my programs the right way, not just clicking off them. I just got this phone in August and had to get a new battery because the one I had before was bad. I want to get my battery checked out again, but I’m learning that it might just be this type of phone. And if so, I really wish they would let me get something new. What do you think? Is it worth it going up to a Sprint store to get the battery checked out?
- I tried going for a walk yesterday with my dog, but my heart really wasn’t into it. It put me in an awful mood for the rest of the night. I’m the type of person who doesn’t like to workout unless I know I’m going to feel it. There’s a saying that you never regret waking up early to go to the gym, but you always regret not going. For me, it’s such a false statement. I regret a lot of workouts because I don’t put my full heart and soul into them. Going for a walk around my neighborhood isn’t a workout. A part of me wanted to take off on a full run, but a bigger part knew what a terrible idea that would have been. And I know I do need to still take it easy. Even though I’m feeling much better, I’m still not completely healed. I still have the blisters and they still sting from time to time. I have to stop putting so much pressure on myself, which I think is the biggest thing I’ve learned from this virus.
- I am completely enraptured with American Idol again. I tried to boycott, but I love this show. I wasn’t happy with the hiring of Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler, but they are actually pretty good! I still miss Simon, especially when they try to be too nice. Sometimes, I just want raw truth. Favorites so far? Casey, Scotty, Paul, and Jacob. No girls really stick out for me. The boys are so much better this year.
- I’m making some big, huge changes to my blog in the next few months. I’ve cleaned up my sidebar a little, leaving it pretty minimalist. I’m still playing around with it, which I think is one of the most fun things about having a blog. Another big change is that I’m having a custom design! One of the girls I have a huge blog crush on is working with me to create a brand-new design. I’m really excited about it, because I have no doubt she’s going to do an amazing job.
- Oh, and the biggest news? I bought my own domain name! I bought it through Blogger because it was the easiest way to go. Earlier on, I had thoughts of switching to WordPress and buying a domain through them, but Blogger makes is so user-friendly. And since I love Blogger (my only complaint is I wish they had password-protected posts), sticking with them was an easy decision. I am a little confused on if you need to resubscribe to my feed, although my .blogspot will redirect to my domain name. Anybody know?
- This week has seemed the longest in the history of ever. I am so glad it’s finally Friday. I can’t wait to catch up on sleep, finish my short story (any takers to look it over and give me feedback?), and do some shopping.
What are your plans for the weekend?