Happy Friday, my friends! Ooh, I am very much looking forward to this weekend as I’ll be celebrating my friend M and her new husband (!) at her wedding reception tomorrow evening. I still need to find a dress for the event (oops), but I predict it will be a great night filled with lots of love and laughter.
For today’s post, I wanted to give an update on my 2019 goals, since we’re just past the end of the first quarter of the year. I’m happy with the progress so far! Let’s discuss:
1) Read 100 books. In the first quarter, I read 32 books and this puts me ahead of my goal of reading 100 books by 7 books. I’m pretty sure I’m going to crush this goal. 🙂
Read 4 classic novels. Complete the A-Z Instagram challenge. I’m kicking the goal to read four classics off my list in favor of complete the A-Z Instagram challenge in which you try to read 26 books over the course of a year, each with a title starting with a different letter of the alphabet. It’s been fun so far!
3) Reread the Anne of Green Gables series. I read the first novel in Q1 and I’m starting the second novel soon.
4) Dye my hair purple. Not yet! But it’s coming soon.
5) Save $1,000 in an emergency fund. So far, I have a little more than $300 saved and it’s in a savings account that’s not attached to my bank, which helps me to “forget” I have that money laying around.
6) Get something on the walls of my living room. Uh, no. I haven’t even looked into this yet. Every now and then, I look at Wayfair to peruse their collection of wall art, but haven’t looked too seriously yet.
7) Take control over my dermotophagia. Yes and no. I’m trying to get better at noticing when I’m picking at my skin and have also started putting a Band-Aid around the finger that I’m compulsively picking at, so I’m trying!
Redo my bathroom. Complete! I took care of this in March and love it. 🙂
Visit the Grand Canyon. Visit Ireland. Obviously, my mom and I decided to travel to Ireland rather than to Arizona since we got a crazy deal on flights, so I’m changing this goal to reflect that.
10) Visit Washington DC. Not so sure I’m going to complete this goal in 2019, but I’m keeping my options open. Maybe!
11) Build a necklace collection. Slowly but surely, I’m doing this. I add maybe one new necklace to my collection every month and have five currently.
12) Pay an extra $500 toward my student loans. I paid $100 extra toward a loan in Q1 to pay it off (it was my lowest student loan; I still have about $11,000 to go so I’m nowhere near completion here).
13) Go to a movie alone. Not yet – haven’t found a movie I’m interested enough to see yet. Nothing has grabbed my attention!
14) Work out 150 times. As of today, I have worked out 37 times, which means I need to log 13 workouts by the end of the month to keep on track. Hopefully, I can do it! My workouts right now are just long walks (45 minutes or longer) since my gym won’t be open until the end of the summer and I haven’t found a good at-home workout option (suggestions welcome!).
15) Lose 40 lbs. Ha, nope. I haven’t gotten on the scale since January but I am guessing I’ve gained 5-10 lbs during Q1. It’s been a weird season.
Give Eloise a sibling. Complete! Lila joined our little family in mid-February and she is the most perfect addition.
17) Start saving for a new apartment. No progress so far.
18) Do a spending freeze once a quarter. I failed at my spending freeze in Q1 but I’m hoping to double-up in Q2 to make up for it.
19) Develop a daily water drinking habit. Still not very consistent with this. Hopefully, Q2 is when I make this more of a habit.
20) Buy two bigger bookshelves. Not yet, but it’s definitely time for at least one new bookshelf.
21) Complete Project 365. I’m going strong with this one, even though I want to quit the project every other day. Ha. It’s hard to take pictures every day, especially on days when nothing exciting happens. (Which is why there are lots of cat photos.) But I’m hanging in there!
22) Develop a skincare routine. Ugh, no. I still need to figure this out!
23) Start a vitamin regimen. In progress. I am currently taking a multivitamin, Vitamin D supplement, and iron supplement. I would like to add fish oil and a probiotic to the mix soon.
24) Replace all of my underwear. Have not done this yet – oops.
25) Write my novel. I’m trucking along! I wrote nearly 25,000 words during Q1 so I am well on my way to marking this goal complete.
26) Try 10 new foods. I haven’t been keeping track with this goal like I should, but I do know that I tried plantains and asparagus in Q1. I did not like the plantains, and the asparagus was fine but not something I ever feel like I need to eat again, ha.
27) Track my money on Mint. I’m all set up on Mint and set up some budgets for certain categories, but I’m not tracking it too closely right now.
Get all of my skin tags removed. Complete! I did this during two different dermatology appointments and it cost $150. But I swear, the minute I got them removed a bunch of new skin tags appeared. Frustrating. I’m going to try the apple cider vinegar trick some of you told me about since they’re smaller and hope that gets rid of them.
29) Sign up for a paid dating service, and commit fully to the dating process for six months. I haven’t done this yet, and I’m not sure if I want to. I hate the idea of paying for dating but the men on Bumble haven’t been very impressive either.
Find a new therapist. Visit five new-to-me parks around the area. This was a goal I set originally at the beginning of the year when I was in a weird spot with therapy, just not really having the breakthroughs I wanted. WELL. The appointments I’ve had in Q1 have been amazing and I’m no longer wondering if I need a new therapist. So, instead, I’m replacing this goal with a more fun idea of finding some new parks to go for walks!
How are you doing on your yearly goals?